LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developing a light emitting diode pwm Led

Hello everybody thank you for taking the time to read my question I have about a labview task that I have gotten. I am completly new with the concept of labview and with the help of youtube videos. I have gotten as far as I have on my task. I have pasted my file down below. And any help with be very appreciated with how to continue on this task as I have gotten completly stuck. I have understood the concept with pwm signals but on this task. Please read my task downbelow. And tip on how to continue would be appreciated thanks.       

The tasks down below: 

Develop a PWM. Light emitting diods (LEDs) can only be used within a very limited range of voltages. Below this range the diode will not work at all, above the voltage, the diod will burn. So its almost a binär state: LED on or LED off. But if you want to have a dimmable LED, you have to run the LED with a PWM. PWM stands for pulse-width-modulation. You switch the LED on and off for a very short periods. Your eye is not fast enough to follow and will see a mean value. A good description can be found in wikipedia. Our PWM will be much slower, so that we can see the change between on and off.

Subtask 1

The basic programm should have the following features:

• A 'numeric control' to set the period length (during one period the LED be switched on and off one time)
  • A 'numeric control' where you can set the percentage of the period time the LED should be switched on
  • An LED which is turned on and off by the PWM.
  • The time in ms of the on and off time are shown as numeric indicators.

Subtask 2

Add a 'numeric indicator' showing the time between each loop in either ticks, milliseconds, or seconds.

How far I have gotten so far in the file down below

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(460 Views)

Start with the basic labview training available on the site.

One of your case structures has two default states, so isn't going to do much (read won't run)

You need to create your second state.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(393 Views)