LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial in Pocket pc

Hello. 

I have a problem. 

In my program use a 'dial' that represents the grades of a circulate. I work with LB 7.1 and with the I Modul of pda. 
I need that the dial this like leave in LB. When passing it to the pda their aspect it is different.  I want it like in LB 7.1
Does somebody know like I can change it? 

Thank you, Greta
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,936 Views)

Hi!!!!

I need your aid!        How is made ' dial' that represents 360º of a circulate with modul of pda?

I have a problem!!!

G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,904 Views)

Hello,

I tried to load the VI you sent and was able to reproduce the issue however if I try to build a VI from scratch with a dial control, the appearance of the dial control on the host pc is same to that on pocketpc emulator and pocketpc device. I am wondering if while creating this VI, you customized the control ? If the answer is no, can you reproduce the issue with a new VI containing another dial control?

Regards

crisR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,866 Views)

Hello again CrisR!

I think that I really customized the dial: the unique change I did was changing the appeareance of the dial in order to get a full circle that covers all the angles from 0 to 360º. It is very important to get a full circle because I want to use this dial as a compass to guide me.

If I change the limits of the dial, no changes in the appearance of the dial are shown in the Pocket Pc device and, therefore, I don't get a full circle from 0 to 360º.

Is it possible doing changes in the appearance of the dial and, then, showing this changes in the Pocket Pc device? If is not possible, I don't know how to build a compass easily.

Has anybody any idea about this problem?

Thank you very much!!!!!

Greta

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,855 Views)

I can think of 2 options -

1. If the visual improvements in 8.0 PDA are enough, maybe you can upgrade and it will look the same as it does on the PC.

2. The other option is to use a picture control. I don't remember if the polar plot is available in the PDA, but even if not, you can draw a circle in a regular picture container and then use math to draw the lines. If you need this to be a control, you can use a mouse down event to detect the position of your click.

(2,845 Views)
Hello tst,

I tried what you suggested and I found that the polar plot is not available in the PDA.
I have got another problem, and this is that I don't know exactly how to draw a circle in a regular picture container and then use math to draw the lines. Do you know how to do it?

Is it possible doing changes in the appearance of the dial and, then, showing this changes in the Pocket Pc device?

Thank you,
Greta
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,832 Views)

Well, I'm not very big on math, but here is an example showing the most primitive way, using Pythagoras's law to calculate the distance.

I only did the top right quadrant (where both X and Y get bigger, because you're going down and to the right). You will have to do the rest yourself.

There are definitely more efficient ways of doing this (maybe using complex numbers), but I don't know them at the moment.

Thank you very much. I will work to be able to make it.

I suppose that I cannot personalize the dial to work with the pda. Can somebody assure it?

Greta

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,796 Views)