LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital writer refnum error

I am utilizing a digital writer for my particular code and for some reason if I try to attach a second digital writer to stop the output, I would receive the error in the title. I want the output to pause midway through the code and then start again before fully stopping. Is there something I can do to remedy this error. The second digital writer is placed outside of two while loops.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,011 Views)

What is a digital writer?

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,986 Views)
What exactly is a digital writer here?Elvis? what errors are you getting?
Message Edited by muks on 04-05-2010 11:56 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,984 Views)
A digital writer is suppose to output a digital pulses.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,974 Views)

Hello SD4r,

In order to help you with this problem, we need the follow information:

What device are you talking to? Is it the NI-ELVIS?

What error are you getting? We would need the error code number and description.

Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to do?

JimS

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,966 Views)
What are error?Elvis???
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,964 Views)

Hello i have a set of values displayed on the front panel and i need to make those values update every 15 seconds or so i indeed have a button which upon clicking reads the values, but as i said i just need to get it done automatically, so does removing the button and adding a ( control refnum) and using a loop, will it help...please help me..

@SD4r wrote:

I am utilizing a digital writer for my particular code and for some reason if I try to attach a second digital writer to stop the output, I would receive the error in the title. I want the output to pause midway through the code and then start again before fully stopping. Is there something I can do to remedy this error. The second digital writer is placed outside of two while loops.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,708 Views)
vinod,

You really need to stop hijacking old and unrelated threads.

Doing a read of something every x seconds is generally pretty trivial. There are several functions on the timing palette and you also have the timeout case with the event structure.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,702 Views)

Hello Dennis,

I am hereby attaching the vi could you please help me in doing it..I have to do this within an hour

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,699 Views)

That VI makes no sense. All that it does is run every 20 seconds. It does not read anything except some Boolean in a higher level VI. There is no reason at all to have that PA Monitoring indicator and since you don't have anything wired to the property node output, you might as well not have this VI at all.

You will need more than a 1 hour to take the basic LabVIEW tutorial.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,692 Views)