LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display data in Labview Front panel, just as displayed by an LCD Display

Forgive me for re posting the same problem once again, since i wanted a soution as early as possible, i m reposting it here.

I have a FPGA board,and  the LCD in it is driven by HD44780 driver. So when the data to the driver is given, the LCD Displays data. In a similar fashion, i need to 

display the same character/string in the labview front panel(ie extract data from the GPIO pins), as i m providing the same control and data signals to GPIO pins in the board. So the Labview should essentially take these data and control pins values, and display the data in the Front Panel , just as the LCD does it

For Example

I need to extract data in 4 bit pattern(Data can be given in 8 bit or 4 bit pattern), which means that if an H is displayed in the LCD, apart from the control signals, the hex value of 'H' being 48 needs to be sent as 4 and 8 in the higher order data pins(DIO7-DIO4) one after the other with a high to low transition on the enable signal with each value

How Labview should use the data to display the string

Control Signals : For latching data to be displayed

R/S  = '1'

R/W = '0'

1)check the controll signal whether they are for data write(ie to be displayed)

2)check if there is a 1-0 event in the enable signal

3)If yes latch the data(ie the data '4')

4)check if there is a 1-0 event in the enable signal

5)If yes latch the data(ie the data '8')

6)Now concatenate the two latched data (ie 48)

7)Convert it into character (ie 48 to 'H')

8)Display it

Need help regarding the above steps. Since i m new to labview, its taking too much time to get used to all the resources available.

Apart from this i ve made a 1-0 transition checker, that i m attaching with this post, but i dont know how to latch the data when the "event occured" line goes high only for a small time duration and becomes zero after that.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,749 Views)

Please learn the meaning of the word patience. This is a forum primarily made of volunteers who cannot hope to answer all questions quickly.

Please stick to your original post. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Display-string-in-LCD/td-p/1903885

Message 2 of 2
(2,728 Views)