LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying queue

I have a queue with various fields.  How do I display message in GUI?  The queue will send and recieve data via UDP.  The queue is coming in from the left.  Thanks.

Mike, the noobie.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,900 Views)

In order to display queue items on a front panel you must dequeque/preview queue item and send it to an indicator.

Herrlin

Just trying to spread the LabVIEW love.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,890 Views)

I needed to troubleshoot a queue, and wanted to look at the entire queue as a list.

I used the "flush queue", fed that into a string array indicator, and into an auto-indexed for loop which rebuilds the queue.  This worked well to view the queue in real time and troubleshoot the source and timing of extra or missing elements.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,695 Views)

Hi Bill,

instead of flushing the queue and re-inserting all elements into the queue you could use GetQueueStatus to get a preview of all elements in the queue…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 7
(4,676 Views)

Hello GerdW,

I tried using Get Queue Status on multiple occasions, the array indicator always shows up blank when the program is running.  I am passing strings as queue elements, could that have something to do with it?

Regards,

Bill

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,660 Views)

@Bill_Johnson wrote:

I tried using Get Queue Status on multiple occasions, the array indicator always shows up blank when the program is running.  I am passing strings as queue elements, could that have something to do with it?

There is a Boolean input on the Get Queue Status to "return elements".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(4,648 Views)

Ahh, details, the Boolean fixed it.  Definitely a "Read the Manual" moment.  Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,644 Views)