LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Min and Max for Slider

For a Test Equipment the user interface has a Slider using which the operator can vary a signal in the range 0-10V to a proportional control amplifier to regulate system pressure. The slider has 0-100% markings and the output to amplifier is 0-10V.  Refer attached VI done in LV15. 

But the issue is that amplifiers normally have a offset and gain parameters and many times it is cumbersome to adjust them on the amplifier. Instead what is convenient for the operator is to note down the "Active" control region of the amplifier when live, and adjust only within that zone. But then this process is not very professional and more than that the slider resolution gets trimmed- not good !!

The Attached VI will help do this on-the-fly ; the operator operates the Slider, finds the effective minimum and maximum points and clicks a button to save them. All well. He gets back the full span of the slider . 

But if I can also save the Min and Max values as default ( programmatically) then life is more easy for him. OK I can save to disk and then recall upon every launch - to me it appears a overkill to write and read from disk for this purpose. Any other elegant way to do this ?? 

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,140 Views)

MogaRaghu wrote:

But if I can also save the Min and Max values as default ( programmatically) then life is more easy for him. OK I can save to disk and then recall upon every launch - to me it appears a overkill to write and read from disk for this purpose. Any other elegant way to do this ?? 

In a built application, you have to write and read from disk.  There is just no way around it.  Even in the LabVIEW IDE, you cannot edit the VI (write default values) while it is running.

I would just save the information to a configuration (ini) file and read it at startup.  It is not overkill at all.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,122 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

MogaRaghu wrote:

In a built application, you have to write and read from disk.  There is just no way around it.  Even in the LabVIEW IDE, you cannot edit the VI (write default values) while it is running.

I would just save the information to a configuration (ini) file and read it at startup.  It is not overkill at all.

That's it... just wanted to make sure before I went ahead and implemented the disk W/R functionality. Thanks. 

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,097 Views)