LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically Open VI and passing a parameter to the dynamically opened VI

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to open a vi dynamically, at the same time I have to pass a parameter to the dynamically opened VI. Is there any way to do so?

Thank You

Skaria Roy

LabVIEW Enthusiast 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(4,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author skariaroy
Message 2 of 28
(4,800 Views)

Thank you for the reply. Will this open (popup) the VI? I want to popup another vi when a push button is pressed. I have to pass two variables the popup VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(4,786 Views)

Yes, it does.

Use Help->Find Examples->Search for asynchronous call and collect example for more details.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(4,779 Views)

Thank you so much for the reply. But when I tried wiring the OpenVI reference to the cally by reference node it is giving an error. " The refrence input for all styles of call by refrence nodes must ber strict VI reference" 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(4,755 Views)
Follow the link to make strict type vi ref to call asynchronously
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/lvhowto/create_strict_type_vi_ref/
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(4,745 Views)

Did you notice that the Open VI Reference function has an input on the top called "type specifier VI Refnum"?  This is where you need to pass a strictly-typed VI Refnum of the VI you wish to call (as that includes the configuration of the Connector Pane).  The "cleanest" way to do this is with a Static VI Reference (made Strictly Typed) "pointing to" the VI you are calling, but that sort of defeats the "Dynamic" (or "known only at Run Time") point.

How "Dynamic" does this have to be?   

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(4,733 Views)

I tried the method above getting error. LabVIEW:  VI Reference type does not match VI connector pane.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(4,720 Views)

I don't understand what you did, but it wasn't what we tried to tell you to do.  Please attach your VI (the actual VI itself -- don't waste our time attaching a picture of the Block Diagram) that exhibits the error, and we can probably tell you (a) why you are getting an error, and (b) how to fix it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(4,708 Views)

What have you tried and done so far?

-Please post vi or snippet of what you tried.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(4,701 Views)