cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPOS Intitialise

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

We're controlling maxon EC motors with the help of EPOS2 position controller. We are using LabVIEW to communciate with EPOS2 using USB serial port. Once after developing the program, when we click Run, a dialog box (called 'Open Device') opens propmting the user to define the type of communiction to establish (Device Name: EPOS or EPOS 2 and Protocol Stack Name: USB, RS232 or CANOpen). We are using EPSO2_USB comunication. Is there any way to make this as the default condition, so that when the user clicks run, the program starts running automatically without prompting the user to specify the type of communication,

Had added the 'Open Device' dialog box for your reference.

Thankx in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(6,735 Views)

Use VCS Open Device.vi and VCS Set Protocol Stack Settings.vi instead of InitializeDlg.vi to avoid this dialog box.

This snippet (sorry for the french comments) shows how I initialize the EPOS.

EPOS_Configurer communication.png

False case.jpg

If Avec dialogue (F) is set to False, the driver will be initialized silently. If an error appears during this silent initialisation, a second attempt with the dialog box wiil be executed.

The VIs 4 and 5 are not part of maxon's library. 4 configures the operating mode of the driver and 5 en(dis)ables it.

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Best regards

Message 2 of 10
(6,724 Views)

HI JB,

Thanks for your support.
Is it possible for you to attach the VI and its subVI's so that i can give a try with your concept. 'Cause it's too difficult for me to understand the french words.

Thanks again in advance 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(6,716 Views)

What is your LV version ? If LV2011, then you can use the VI snippet in my answer. My self-made VIs and CTLs will be missing but this will all the same be a good starting point for your own VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(6,707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prasanth_Thangavel

A LV8.0, simplified version, for the case you are using a previous version of LV and it is too complicated for you to rebuild the code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(6,703 Views)

Too late to edit my last message...

Obviously, don't forget to change the settings according to your USB communication before running the VI !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(6,698 Views)

Thank you so much for your concern JB
I just configured it according to my USB communication and it perfectly worked fine.

Thanks again  

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(6,678 Views)

Hi 

I have a EPOS2 controller and Im trying to get a forward and backward movement of motor with labview. Im using usb connection and the only example that I can run the motor with is the demo positioning . I have no idea of how to get the code to get that movement. Is there any way of getting help with that?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(6,421 Views)

Hello sir, 

Greetings!!! I am an aspirant of labview and learn basics of the tutorials . I am a research scolar IIT Madras India ,I am working on project where i am using Maxon motor with EPOS2 24/2 controller i used VI provided by you there was error and i found out the error is because of VCS opendevicedlg.vi is not detecting USB port it would be great help if you help me .

Thank you in advance!!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,916 Views)

HI JB,

I read your all comments given in this thread, I am using EPOS2 24/2 controller I

@JB wrote:

A LV8.0, simplified version, for the case you are using a previous version of LV and it is too complicated for you to rebuild the code.

tried your suggested  VI but the problem is this USB is not detecting in LabVIEW when I saw inside of sub VI I found out VCSOpendevice.vi is having a problem, it would be a great help if you help me out

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,888 Views)