LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXE option not working

Hello,

I have a VI that reads some strain gages, calculates alternating strain and saves data to a tdms file.  It works fine on my development machine, but it won't display or save data when I install the executable on another machine.

It appears to find the CompactDAQ, will list the cards that are installed and allow me to select the channels, but when I select "Collect Data", nothing.  Nada.  Zip.  Zero.  Zilch.  Smiley Happy

If I open up MAX, then I can go in, view the fact that I have reserved the chassis; and can even go into the test panel and see some live data.  At one time, this was working.  When I did the initial development, about 6 months ago, it was working.  Go to power it up and use it again.  Nothing.  Have their been any updates to the system that might affect this?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,266 Views)

Hi TatankaWilly,

Are you using DAQ Assistant in your code? Or are you using DAQ VIs?

Carmen C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,234 Views)

I am using DAQmx vi's for my data acquisition.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,226 Views)

Hi, 

I hardly think that an update is the responsible of this issue. Generally when an application is working in the developer computer but when is transfer to the target computer it stops working the general reason is the lack or incompatible version of the LabVIEW runtime engine or Drivers. Try to verify or match the same versions as in the developer machine.

There is also the possibility to debug the application. Take a look to the next KB.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8DA679805915DE40862572D5007B2F70

Regards,

mcoto

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,202 Views)

I completely removed all traces of NI software off the target machine, created new installer and exe packages from my developer machine and reinstalled on target.  Still nothing.  This is starting to get weird.  I will start looking through the article you posted.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,181 Views)