cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of file encountered error for reading multiple columns from a TDMS file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LabVIEW fans,

I am writing data into multiple columns of a TDMS file. After this I would like to read the data from each column to process it.

writing the data works without any problems, so I get a TDMS file with lets say 4 columns of data. When I try to read these columns now, LabVIEW always gives me Error 4 "end of file encountered" for all but one tdms read functions. It doesnt matter how many columns I read or how big they are, its always the same. LabVIEW reads one column and gives the error for all the other tdms read functions.

Does anybody has an idea how to solve this issue?

Attached is a picture of my VI and the error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,482 Views)

Share actual code instead of image.

So that its easy to debug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,470 Views)

Hey PalanivelT,

Unfortunately I can't share the real VI with you but I created a simple example in which the exact same error occures.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,451 Views)

HI Provide group Group Name for Write as well as Read Function. Same name should be used in all three places

Close the reference once the operation is completed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 5
(4,436 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ZMK16

Pls find the attached Snippet

TDMS.png

Message 5 of 5
(4,434 Views)