LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1073807343 occurred at VISA Open in Tektronix 7000 series.lvlib.Initialize.vi

error message: "VISA (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system".

I have a DPT LabVIEW project, which is worked good with the chroma power supply, and what i have done is just change the Power supply VI with MAGNA VI in the DPT project. But after running DPT project, there is a error, which shows Error 1073807343 occurred at VISA Open in Tektronix 7000 series.lvlib.Initialize.vi.

Communication with the Power Supply MAGNA is good, and the Tektronix oscilloscope is also present in the MAX, I just changed the Power supply vi from chroma to MAGNA, nothing changed with the Tektronix oscilloscope vi. actually, before what i have changed the MAGNA vi, the DPT project worked very good. after that, DPT cannot work and shows the error.

Anyone has idea how to solve this problem, please kindly help me.....soon.....thank you first!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,966 Views)

Dear all,

is anybody know how to fix this problem? please share some idea about this. thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,896 Views)

Hi,

What does the error say? Is there any explanation, possible reason that is shown with the error?

If the new device is present in MAX as you stated, open the VISA Test Panel in the device's tab (look somewhere in the top).

Check if you are able to send *IDN? querry. If so, then perhaps you have wrong communication settings in your application.

Try to run the Initialize.vi with Highlighted Execution. You will see which function returns the error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,885 Views)

Hi Pitol,

thank you very much first, as you said:

1.The error: Error -1073807343 occurred at VISA Open in Tektronix 7000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi->MAIN_cRIO.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0011) Insufficient location information or the device or resource is not present in the system.

2. Test panel: MAGNA power supply --*IDN?\n--> write, query, Read status Byte is worked and responsed no error, but for read with error Read Operation Error, VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Tektronix Scope  --*IDN?\n-->  same read error responsed as above

3. Highlight Execution run the block from library, Tektronix 7000 Series.lvlib:Initialize.vi:

the other parts are show ok, but when the red dot moves to the block "Error Cluster From Error Code.vi" ---->

---> input Ports:1 error message: " the error messege shows that in the red box(Source (VI Name): The ID Query failed. This may mean that you selected the wrong instrument or your instrument did not respond. You may also be using a model that is not officially supported by this driver. If you are sure that you have selected the correct instrument and it is responding, try disabling the ID Query."

2.error code:-1074003951

3.show call chain:T

4. error in: no

Output ports: 1.error out: then shows ERR-1074003951 in error out.

dear Pitol, thank you very much for your help, sorry i cannot update the picture of my computer of company, so hope you can have a look about my check as you said. so if you have any idea, please kindly help me!

thanks again!
Hui Cao

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,875 Views)

Hi Pitol,

the problem is updated, please have a look, if you have time, thanks😀

Hui

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,855 Views)

Since the IDN query works I would not expect communication issues.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you more without seeing part of your code.

Can you share the VI that calls Initialize.vi as well as the Initialize.vi itself?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,825 Views)

@pitol wrote:

Since the IDN query works I would not expect communication issues.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you more without seeing part of your code.

Can you share the VI that calls Initialize.vi as well as the Initialize.vi itself?

I think you misread the last post.  It said the *IDN? query did NOT work.  I'm guessing the instrument isn't at the address you think it is.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,820 Views)

I wasn't wrong saying that IDN query works.

It does work, but only from VISA Test Panel from MAX.

Hui_2019 stated:

Test panel:

MAGNA power supply --*IDN?\n--> write, query, Read status Byte is worked and responsed no error, but for read with error Read Operation Error, VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Later he states that the driver responds with ID query fail, which I would say is a totally different story.

It obviously seems that the driver Hui_2019 is using does not support the device he has.

Hopefully it is just the ID query that is not supported. I've seen this many times, using old drivers for new devices.

Device's vendors often put a lot of checking in the ID query in Initialize to be sure that you won't use it on device that they do not support. Sometimes it works against them, if they do not update their drivers regularly. 

@Hui_2019

Set IDN Query input to FALSE in Initialize.vi

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,810 Views)

@pitol wrote:

I wasn't wrong saying that IDN query works.

It does work, but only from VISA Test Panel from MAX.

Hui_2019 stated:

Test panel:

MAGNA power supply --*IDN?\n--> write, query, Read status Byte is worked and responsed no error, but for read with error Read Operation Error, VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Later he states that the driver responds with ID query fail, which I would say is a totally different story.

It obviously seems that the driver Hui_2019 is using does not support the device he has.

Hopefully it is just the ID query that is not supported. I've seen this many times, using old drivers for new devices.

Device's vendors often put a lot of checking in the ID query in Initialize to be sure that you won't use it on device that they do not support. Sometimes it works against them, if they do not update their drivers regularly. 

@Hui_2019

Set IDN Query input to FALSE in Initialize.vi

I don't know.  It's a confusing post.  But if what you say is true, it makes sense.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,788 Views)

Hi Pitol, Bill,

thank for your help first!

i have tried to set IDN to False in initialize.vi, but it's also same problem.

i checked the original DPT project with the original Power supply Chroma, there is also the same error 1073807343, but nothing is changed for this original DPT project.

But...maybe, i have reset the configuration data in MAX, after this there is those problem. so in this case, there is some drivers need to be configured again except for the driver of Power supply and tektronix Oscilloscope?

BG,

Hui

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,752 Views)