LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1097 " Occurred at Call Library Function Error"

Hello Labview World,

I have a small problem for LBWorld. I make LB program for reading/writing two cameras.My operation sys is Windows XP 32 bit SP2. In addition i use Sickıvp ranger toolkit (user library) to reading and writing process.

My problem is that is if i read only one camera, no problem my code is working but, if i read two cameras  same time with same library(its a kind od paralell looping), i see this error: ERROR 1097 (you can see jpeg file)

LBWorld what is the basic problem for this?

It can be our sickivp library,

It can be Labview memory,

IT can be Sickivp library dll, or others...

If you have any idea about this please share me to solve....

Thank you for everything...

Note: I wan to share code but SickIVP library is so big (500 MB),  

Kadir Can AYHAN

Computer Eng.

kadir@aser.com.tr

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,300 Views)

There are a lot of threads and lot of reasons.

Can you attach your vi?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,273 Views)
What's more important here is whether this "LBWorld", whatever it is, actually supports being able to control multiple cameras. We know nothing about this library, so you will need to do some research. Check the documentation for the library. What does it say about controlling multiple cameras? 
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,257 Views)

hi all,

There is so much sub vi. in toolkit, i will send exact code as soon as i reduce unnecessary steps. In the other hand in main vi there is simply config.vi, start.vi out of while and a grab.vi in the while loop. I duplicate this VI's and try to reach two cameras but i am getting error named 1097. After that I duplicate the DLL that has functions to control camera and changed all referances for second main vis(so i have 2 main vi's and 2 dll's with true references) but after that labview starst to shut down itself with no error. I know it is a memory problem and there is no way to use same dll for 2 main parts or 2 dll for 2 main parts(parts are same).

Can't i use one dll for two callers at very same time?

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,243 Views)

kacco wrote:

Can't i use one dll for two callers at very same time?

thanks in advance.

That depends entirely on the DLL. As I noted, please look at the documentation for the DLL as to how you can use it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,236 Views)

I have seen Labview shut down on or after a DLL call if the calling convention is set wrong.  There are only two possible choices, C and WINAPI.  Try switching to the other one to see if this is your problem.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,231 Views)

tbob wrote:

I have seen Labview shut down on or after a DLL call if the calling convention is set wrong.  There are only two possible choices, C and WINAPI.  Try switching to the other one to see if this is your problem.

That's unlikely to be the problem. The OP noted that he has no problems using it with one camera. It's when he's trying to control 2 cameras that the errors start.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,228 Views)

thanks a lot for your help,

i haven't solved this but for now i am using 2 cameras succesively. it seems ok but slow. i'll work on that.

LabVIEW 2009, Windows 7
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,153 Views)
Every thing is ok my friend solved this problem i wanna give to kudos all of us:))))))
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,151 Views)