LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1172 at Invoke Node Device Moving Exception

Hi Everyone,

I am new to LabView, and I am currently writing a program for a translation stage that will move incrementally and delay at each position for a measurement. 

I am finished with the program, however, when I run it, I get an error. When I press continue the program proceeds, and the stage moves one step, then the error pops back up again. I have read that maybe I am missing the dependencies, but I have double checked and they are in the same folder as the project and VI. 

Below I have attached the error message, block diagram and project folder setup. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

BError.PNGBlock_Diagram.PNGFolder_Setup.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,399 Views)

Also, I have attached the .vi for the block diagram below. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,394 Views)

You need to set your "waitTimeout" input to be a larger number.  I would recommend setting it to the time you think the movement should take plus a healthy buffer.  Since you have it set to zero, the node returns nearly instantly and your loop starts again before it's done moving, so you get an error saying it's still moving.

A general note... any "1172" error you get doing things with these motion controls comes from them, not from LabVIEW.  So you have to look at the error message and figure out what's wrong with how you called the function... it's not usually going to be a "LabVIEW" problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,364 Views)

This worked. Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,298 Views)