LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1388 occurred on building

Hello, I have a project that I could build on labview 2009, but I've update to version 2024 and now I'm getting error 1388:

LucasRomio_0-1707245145872.png

Doing some tests I concluded that the problem is on these blocks, because when I delete them, everything compiles fine:

LucasRomio_1-1707245504013.png

The blocks are:

-NI_excel.Ivclass: Excel Run Macro.vi

-NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.Ivlib:Excel Easy Table.vi

I'm running an evalutation license, as you can see: (maybe it is the problem...)

LucasRomio_2-1707245754960.png

My project is in attachment.

Thank you all!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(419 Views)

I think you "figured it out".  According to this page, "You will have the ability to use all VIs included in the Professional Development System, but you will only have access to the block diagrams of the VIs included with the Base Development System."  I think that probably excludes the Report Generation Toolkit, which you point out are the elements whose presence causes the error.

So "evaluate" everything else about the LabVIEW under the Trial license, and ask questions here about the RGT, like "Can it do such-and-such for me easily?".  It actually does a pretty good job of putting data into an Excel Worksheet, including graphs (made by LabVIEW) and Workbooks with multiple WorkSheets, all with labels that "make sense to you".  If you like it, buy it, and build your application.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(384 Views)

Thank you Bob, that's what I suspected!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(361 Views)