LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200077 when running example code for analog and digital output with a NI USB-6008

I'm having trouble outputting both digital and analog continuous signals using the example code with a NI USB-6008. (Example code Voltage-Continuous Output.vi and Digital-Continuous Output.vi)

Every time I run the example code I get the Error -200077 at DAQmx Timing node (sample clock). I have adjust the voltage to output to be 0-5V (I've even tried 0.5-3.5V) as per the specs of the device but its still the same error.

At the moment I have an LED in series with a resistor to test if its working, ultimately I want to be able to pulse a continuous high (5V) for a time in milliseconds set by the user 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,903 Views)
Have you searched for the error? Did you limit the example search to your specific hardware? You simply cannot use any timing specification with either the analog output or digital I/O. The device has no sample clock do you are forced to write one sample at a time with software timing. This is subject to write a bit of jitter and millisecond timing is very questionable.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,890 Views)

You're getting the error because the USB-6008 doesn't support hardware timing, so you're using the wrong examples. If you look in the "Requirements" box in the example finder for those examples, you'll see that the USB-6008 is not listed as a device that can run those examples.

Instead, you should use the "Voltage - On Demand Output.vi" and "Digital SW-Timed Output.vi" examples.

Hope that helps!

--Ryan_S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,882 Views)

Yes this helped a lot thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,855 Views)