LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 267 in System Exec.vi Windows 11

Greetings everyone,

I am trying to get a test program working on a windows 11 laptop that has, until now, been running on a Windows 7 system. After everything has been initialized, the program uses System Exec.vi to open a command prompt. At that point, a command is executed to initialize a board under test. 

I get an error 267 in System Exec.vi when it tries to execute the CMD command. There are no paths connected to the vi as it is not required to execute the CMD command. I am wondering if it is an incompatibility between Labview 17 and Windows 11. I know the compatibility table shows windows 11 requires Labview 22 and above. The program does run up to that point however. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(191 Views)

Not much help, but I'm using LV20 and Win11, and SystemExec.vi works as expected.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(182 Views)

Thanks. Not sure what else I would need unless I need a newer version of the runtime. I have installed Runtime 17 and NI Visa 17 for the communication portion of the test. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(169 Views)

For incompatible software versions, NI R&D did not validate it and thus it is not guaranteed to work.

On top of software version incompatibility, are you using EXE or VI?

Installers and executables are only guaranteed to work on the operating system they are built on.  For example, a Windows 10 installer or executable may not work as expected on a different Windows version (e.g. Windows XP, Windows 8, or Windows 7). Reference: Running Executables or Installers on Different Windows Versions

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(139 Views)

It is an exe. I thought it might be something like that but I was hopeful it was something I could do to make it work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(133 Views)