LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - 50103

Hi.

I have tried to run the attached program. But an error 50103 is encountered. I have compiled 2 seperate programs into 1. These 2 work perfectly when standalone. I have already changed the program at the lower side to output from channel 1 while the upper one to output from channel 0. How come such error still occurs?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,332 Views)
This error pop's up when you try to perform an operation on a DAQ device that is already performing a specified operation.

For example,
While using most multifunction DAQ cards for reading a signal on it AI channels, once you configure a scan list and acquire from that list of channels, you cannot specify another task with different set of channels for the same device.
You have to stop/ clear the first task and then configure a second task.
The reason, all AI cahnnels share a common ADC and the timing sequence of the ADC's operation will be adjiusted to cater to that particular set of channels

The same holds good for Analog Output channels too, as in your case

so perform you DAQ operation by configuring your channel 0 and 1 in a single task and run it inside a single loop.

Hope this helps
regards
Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,329 Views)
Hi there,
            I'm getting a similiar problem, Im using a case structure so in the first frame, I have set up DAQ assitant to read in 6 different analogue signals coming into the DAQ card.  Then in the third frame, I have tried to set up another DAQ assitant to read in the seventh analogue channel hence im getting the error.  After reading the post there, I thought I can acquire all signals in the first frame and bring the seventh signal I need in frame 3 from frame 1 over but I have encountered another problem, the problem is that my seventh analogue signal requires a very high sampling rate, like my first sixth signals is at 50Hz and my seventh signal is at 1600Hz Smiley Sad  Is there any way I can separate them apart and not get that error??  I don't want to sample all the signals at 3.2k Hz.  Im using PCI-6052E card and I don't think it can cope with it, im develpoing this in labview 8.0.  Is there even a way to stop the DAQ assisstant after running that in first frame and onto another?? So i can set up the daq assisstant in frame 3?  Please advise.  Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Coato
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,972 Views)
Hi Coato,

As you know, you cannot acquire analog signals with multiple DAQ Assistants at the same time. I was wondering if you could provide some more information about the acquisition you are trying to make and the purpose of the case structure. A few important things to note: do you want to acquire continuously on all channels at the same time and how are the cases changing (i.e. user interface, time elapsed). If you do need to sample multiple channels with different sampling rates continuously, you may want to check out this article which discusses a way to accomplish this using the DAQmx API.

Regards,
Kent
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,949 Views)

Hi

I have two seprate vi which are supposed to work at the same time, actually one of them measures datas (LCM.VI) and the other controls the equipments with defined schedule (schedule.vi).

each Vi works correct separately, but when I run both at the same time, Error 50103 appears.  I don't know what should I do.

I would be grateful if you take a look at my files (LCM & Schedule) and give me your valuable tips.

Best Regards

Amin 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,548 Views)