LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occurred at Open File .vi: Open File.

Good morning 

I'm getting this error in my code and I don't understand how to solve it.

I have done a previous code, a test one, and it works. When I put it with a more complex code gives me the error.

I'm posting both codes. Can someone help me? 

Thanks

Cat 

PS The good code is the test.vi.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,141 Views)

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but anyway you're appending file names to full file paths (including file name). 

If you want all text files in a directory tree then just use the pattern (*.txt) at the corresponding input of "Recursive File List.vi". Then just wire the "All Files in Dir" output to the for loop. No need for the build path and for the additional List Folder.

List-Recursive.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,134 Views)

HI again,

thanks for your help, I have done has you suggested but now I'm getting error number 8. Could you help me?

In attachment I'm putting what I got.

I'm trying to analise some data using a iterative program.

Thanks,

Cat

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,127 Views)

Why aren't you doing as dan_u told you to ?

What are the "List Folder.vi" used for ?

Try do exactly as dan_u showed you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,123 Views)

Hi 

I have done as Dan_u told me, andi still got the same error.

The List folder.vi is there because i saw in another forum that it solve the problem. And when i put it in my test.vi worked perfectly.

thanks for the help 

Cat

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,119 Views)

In the previous I forgot to put the code.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,118 Views)

It seems you're trying to list recursively all txt files starting from the C:\ root? Do you really want to do that? For a Windows machine this might take minutes since it has to go through your whole file system.

You might want to specify a correct start path.

Also, the Recursive File List has an input "Continue Recursing on Error?". If you have protected folders which you're not allowed to list you might want to set this flag to True.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,111 Views)