LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Cluster

Hi all,

I am newbie to LABVIEW and I have to recreate a code however in my case, I have noticed that "error cluster" in the image (attached) seems to be broken/missing from the Case structure. 

Could anyone please guide in this regard if Error Cluster should be solid across the Case structure too? and it means broken code if it is not solid.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(711 Views)

1. No image attached.  It happens to us all to forget to actually attach a file.

2. Hit the broken run arrow and it will tell exactly what compile issues you have.

3. I really need the context given by the image or VI to give any real advice.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(699 Views)

Hi Cross! 

My apologies. So I am trying to run few mass flow controllers through LABJACK U6-PRO. And I have few observations;

1. I actually did not notice any broken arrow for my VI however when I run VI, it gives

COM PORT INITIALIZATION ERROR (just like this - https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Please-hekp-me-fix-Error-1073807346/m-p/4078150#M1172808)

2. Since, I went through that thread, I thought it could be because of the reason such as my ERROR CLUSTER not connected through the case structure.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(694 Views)

Your error wire is going behind the case structure, making it pretty much useless.  I'm pretty sure you want that going into the case structure and then propagate through all of those subVIs to help manage your error.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(653 Views)

Thank you Cross. I will try that and check if it stops port initialization error too. cheers 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(616 Views)