LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error by installing LabVIEW Run-Time

I am trzing to install the run time engine of LabView. I allready tried the version 2017 and 2016 and I also tried the NI Download Manager and the Browser Download. 

The error message i get is:

Fatal Error!! Required NIPathDir property NISHAREDDIR is undefined

I found different solutions described in the following posts: link 1 and link 2 but none of them solved my problem.

I am working on a windows 7 platform and have no software from NI installed yet. I got only some LabVIEW executable and would try to run them without installing additional software.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,072 Views)

Some quick questions:

• Is your windows 7 up to date with OS updates?
  • Is your windows version in some unusual language?
  • Are you trying to install the 32bit or 64bit version?
  • Do you run any unusual security software (AV, etc.)?
  • Is your disk very full?
  • Have you tried to first update your MSI installer to the newest version from microsoft?
  • Did you scan the disk for errors?
  • Did you scan for malware?
  • Do you have administrator privileges?

What LabVIEW version is your executable? You need the exact same major version of the runtime.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,060 Views)
  • Yes it is up to date
  • It is in English
  • Tried both
  • Security is done through network
  • no it is not full
  • Yes MSI is the newest version
  • No disk errors
  • No maleware
  • Yes i have administration privileges

Should be the LabVIEW version 2015

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,022 Views)

Solved!

I had to use another user because of some internal problems.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,005 Views)

Do you want to share your solution?  This is a self-help board, so if you can provide the solution, others can benefit.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,998 Views)

The problem was that my company differs between internal and external users. My user is an external user. This means that i do not have any local home folder. Also after adding the My Documents and My Pictures like it is shown in one of the solutions above the installation was not able to find them.

So i had to use an internal user which contains a home folder and installed the software for all users on the machine.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,994 Views)