LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing Labview 2016

We are trying to install Labview on one of our systems.
All seems to go well, accept in de last step.
The error we get is: Cannot connect to the notification server.

Please note the system has internet connection.
Also not it is a mini pc.
When we install the same software an a laptop we heve no issues.

Is this a know issue?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(807 Views)

Hi DaanT

No clue why you're unable to connect to the notification server. However, you can safely proceed with the installation without it. 

Kind regards
LabVIEW Fairy

cRIO Enthusiast
Please mark solutions when appropriate.
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(762 Views)

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

That is the problem, after this message the installation stops.
If we could proceed that would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(759 Views)

Tell us more about the PC.  Is it running Windows 10, 64-bit?  What version of LabVIEW 2016 are you installing (32-bit, 64-bit, SP1?).  What version(s) of LabVIEW are currently on the PC?  From what medium are you installing (USB Flash Drive, NI Download site, something else)?

Before starting the next installation, I recommend that you open Control Panel, go to Programs and Features, find "National Instruments", and do a "Remove All".  If you are very fortunate, you will not encounter NIPM (which made its first appearance with LabVIEW 2017), and will be able to do the full removal in one or two passes (it will take tens of minutes, probably).  I also recommend you do not delete any folders or files after doing this removal, unless you have a full backup, and especially you do not modify the Windows Registry, as this risks rendering your PC essentially unusable (requiring a reformat of C:, reinstallation of Windows 10, reinstallation of all your other Software, and reinstallation of your Profiles and data, a real pain).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(736 Views)

I have the same problem, can you share how did you resolve it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(111 Views)