LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while configuring Application Web Server in LabVIEW 2010 f4 patch

I am getting error when i tried to enable the Application Web Server in LabVIEW 2010.

Earlier, i was able to build and deploy the web services properly. But i installed LabVIEW 2010 f4 patch for including few features, after that i was not able to deploy the web services. It says that web server is not running.

So, i tried to enable the Application Web Server with a port 8080 in the Configuration Web Server page.

But when i press the button "Apply", i am getting "error on page" string at the Left Bottom of the page.

I logged in to the onfiguration Web Server page as Admin.

Can anyone suggest me a way of enabling the web Server page?

Thanks,

Alagar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(5,193 Views)

I reformatted the whole PC(i.e i erased the contents of the hard diska nd installed the windows OS again) yesterday and tried with installing the LabVIEW 2010 agin with out the f4 patch. I was able to build and deploy the web services.

Suddenly, today the same problem arised. I am not able to deploy the web service. It showed me an error while deploying the web service. Please see the attached Deployment Error.

As per the indication in the error I tried to set the Application web server Port number. Then I tried to enable the Application Web Server port based on the steps indicated in the link below:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/ws_enable_web_server/

When I enable the error, I got the error. Please see the atatched Application Web Server Error.

Please suugest me a solution for this error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(5,051 Views)

I'm unsure as to why the application server isn't running and I'm also unsure as to what the error in the configuration web page is.  There is, however, another way to enable the application web server.  Open the service control manager.  On XP, this can be found from the control panel >> administrative tools >> services.  On Vista/7 you can simply type "services" in the search programs and files off the start menu.

Once you have the service control manager open, look for a service called "NI Application Web Server".

Right click on it and select Start.

Also, can you post a screenshot of the error details on the web page when you try to enable it from there?

James
Senior Software Engineer
Web Technologies
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,996 Views)

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't find any services related to "NI Application Web Server" in the Windows Services of my PC.

Please find the attached screen shot of the error that I encountered in the Web Page, when I tried to enable the Application Web Server port.

Thanks,

Alagar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,979 Views)

Ok, attached is a screenshot of the service control manager on one of my test machines.  If you did a standard LV install, the application web server should have been installed.  If it's not there, well then... we know what the problem is Smiley Happy  The screenshot should help you find it.

Thanks for the screenshot of the error dialog, but I can't quite see the error details.  Can you copy/paste them into a forum reply?

We'll get you up and running again!

Thanks!

James
Senior Software Engineer
Web Technologies
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,966 Views)

Hi James,

Still, i couldn't find the NI Application Web Server in Service Control Manager of my Machine.

Please find the attached sceeen shot of the Service Control Manager.

Below are the details in the error dialog that I got when enabling the Application Web Server in Web Page:

Line : 1

Char: 1 

Error: Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application [Arg_NullReferenceException]

Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=4.0.50917.0&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=Arg_NullRefe...   at NationalInstruments.Web.WebServerConfig.ViewModels.WebServers.ApplyApplicationServerChanges(ApplicationWebServerSettingsViewModel settings)
   at NationalInstruments.Web.WebServerConfig.WebServerConfigControl.ApplicationWebServerApplyButtonClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Control.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(Control ctrl, EventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName)

Code: 0 URL:

http://localhost:3580/
Hope this helps you in identifying the error.
Thanks,
Alagar

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,957 Views)

Ok, thanks for the screenshots and the stack trace.

Clearly, the problem is that the application web server isn't registered with the service control manager.  The installer should have done this for you.  Can you tell me exactly what version of LV you are running and what installers you ran to get it onto your machine?

James
Senior Software Engineer
Web Technologies
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,922 Views)

For what it's worth, a couple of us have been dealing with this on another thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Web-Server-Not-Enabling/m-p/1485368/highlight/false#M561065

[to no avail, yet]

I had a web service up and running on LV 2010 until friday. After installing SP1, I can no longer click "Enable" on the localhost:3850 web server configuration page. In IE I get "An error has occurred" and in Firefox I get nothing. When I reload the page, the web service is not enabled.

In my Services dialog I have several NI entries but none for the application web server.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,915 Views)

Hi James,

I have LabVIEW version 10.0(32-bit).

I Installed Data Finder Toolkit along with LabVIEW development System.

Only these two products, I installed from the LabVIEW 2010 DVD.

Thanks,

Alagar

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,892 Views)

Ok, it definitely sounds like something's wrong with the installer.  Can you do me one more favor:

Look in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\NI WebServer

and tell me if there is a file called

ApplicationWebServer.exe?

I'm trying to determine if the file itself was removed or if the service was simply unregistered.

In the meantime, I've involved our installer developers and they'll be looking into this.

James
Senior Software Engineer
Web Technologies
LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,868 Views)