LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with writing to CSV file

I want to write measurement data into a CSV file, but when I leave the file path blank I get error 43: "Open/Create/Replace File in Write Spreadsheet String.vi->Write Delimited Spreadsheet (DBL).vi->Advanced_controller.vi".

If I try to add the path where my project is located I get error 7: "Open/Create/Replace File in Write Spreadsheet String.vi->Write Delimited Spreadsheet (DBL).vi->Advanced_controller.vi<APPEND>
/C/Users/Britt/Documents/Tweede master/Thesis/LabVIEW/Test_pendulum".

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(531 Views)

When you leave the file path blank, you should be getting a dialog for where to put the file.  If you cancel that dialog, you get error 43.  However, the path you put in your post makes me think this is running on a cRIO (looks like a Linux RT path).  In that case, the RT does not have dialogs available, so the dialog is technically cancelled, giving you error 43.

Now if you are trying to save a file into a folder, you will get error code 7.  So you just need to make sure you create the folder the file is going into.  FYI, if you try to create a folder that already exists, you will get error code 10.  I just clear error code 10 in this situation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(518 Views)