LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherCAT device stuck in PreOP

I try to use an EtherCAT device with NI IC-3172 Industrial controller. The IC is running on Labview 2015 RT. The EtherCAT driver is 18.0 version. The device is using Hilscher COMX 51CA-RE EtherCAT communication card. I imported the configuration XML to Labview and added the device in the project explorer to the EtherCAT Master. When I am trying to put it into OP mode it stuck in PreOP mode and throw an error:

Slave has thrown an emergency.

Emergency code: x400

Emergency data: DC 26 05 80 04 

I tried it with TwinCAT but it works there. I can easily put it into OP mode there. Any suggestion what should i try?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,375 Views)

Hi KocsisP,

We didn't have an explanation about the emergency code. Is there any error code was reported? Also, could you share the XML file with me?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,307 Views)

Hi SSPTest,

I have attached the XML. Where should I look for the errorcode?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,268 Views)

With the help of NI Technical Support we managed to solve the problem. There was a missing element in the XML file.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,804 Views)

I am having the same issue with a Hilscher NET 100 RE - DP.  Could you elaborate on the missing element in the XML file?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,819 Views)

The bolded part was missing from the file.

.../Eeprom>
<ESC>
<Reg0410>#x03E8</Reg0410>
</ESC>
<Imag...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,809 Views)

Well, I took a shot and unfortunately I am still stuck in PreOP mode.  Attached is the .xml file Hilscher provided with the device. 

For reference, I am using a Hilscher NETX 100 RE/DP and  cRIO 9055.  

The Emergency Code I get is xA000 and the Emergency Data is 0C 23 00 C8 00

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,795 Views)

Dear Andrew,

I obtained the same error when I try to import a different ECAT slave (Ingenia EVE-XCR).

Have you find a solution? or Do you have any further details about the error code xA000?

[Emergency Code xA000, Emergency Data (hex) 0E 0B 00 0B 00].

I look forward hearing any feedback from you,

Best,

Filippo

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,746 Views)