LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet/IP Communication Using NI-Industrial Communications for EtherNet/IP 16.0

Hi. No, you don't need any additional license for the ehthernet IP communications. You'll find the VI's under the Data Communications > Protocols category.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(4,572 Views)

Hi,

Do you know how to make a library in Labvew for the ethernet IP connection, instead of sending a "WORD" OR A "BYTE"...

I mean, I want also to move one actuator and I think that the essaiest way to communicate is to save the word and in that word which byte you have to turn on to activate one signal. For example, I save different signals:   SETON-> bit 9 W0

RESET-> bit10 W1

BUSY-> bit8 W0 

I know that I am not very good explaining...sorry for that

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(4,476 Views)

Hi, i'm working on 3 axis robot working with 3 JXC91 to move the 3 actuators. But i'm a beginner in this field and i'm quite lost. I can ping the JXC91 using the command prompt menu, but when i try a basic program on LabVIEW like this one i've got an error that look like as it can't connect to the JXC91. (sorry for my poor english skills).

bob87_0-1581608584077.png

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(4,328 Views)

At the beginning I also had the same problem and I finally decided to make it like this. Try it with this program.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(4,318 Views)

Now I have another problem. I have make a flat sequence to send the jxc91 cylinder to different positions with different speeds. But now I want to analyze different cases during the movement of the cylinder. I mean, maybe when the cylinder is moving, something happens and the cylinder does not reach the specified position. So I want to detect those errors while the program is runnning, but I don´t know how to do it in a flat sequence. 

I attach the program where I send the cylinder to different positions.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(4,314 Views)

Hi, thanks for your help but even with your program i still have the error (when i add a error out bloc after the set attribute). Do you have any idea of what could be wrong?

For the second program you send, how works your "mandar a posicion.vi"?

Hope i can help you with your problem when i will be at your point of advancement.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(4,293 Views)

Hi

We had a similar problem trying to connect devices via Ethernet/IP using its EDS-file.

We then programmed a LabVIEW driver that allows you to use your LabVIEW application as Ethernet/IP scanner, it also includes a hardware cofiguration tool.

If you have an EDS-file for your device you can dowload the driver HERE

If any assistance is needed you can contact us directly.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(4,136 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing with LabVIEW but I have a few questions for you:

1. Did the VI you attached worked to read data from the device because it seems you only used set attributes function.
  2. Also, what does the array means that goes into the data terminal?

I am also attaching the EDS file of the device for your reference.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(4,078 Views)

Hello,

which VI did you try. With the library you should be able to read the EDS file and to create the INI File for the connection.

The included examples are for the connection with TURCK TBEN modules.

Here are two links to our tutorials for starting with the library

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZmhsJ9zZqM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITmFdoagpVo

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(4,049 Views)

Hi All,

I am quite new to Labview and so I need help to sort out how to use Labview to connect to JXC91. I have a NI DAQ (PCE 6363). Will this suffice to connect to JXC91 via the Ethernet LAN port of the PC? Or do I need a dedicated PLC to control the 3 axis motion. I am currently in process of purchasing JXC91 and 3 axis linear stage so just looking around to see if this would be easy to setup on Labview. Any help would be highly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(3,905 Views)