LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structures - which event is processing

Hi everybody,

I work with an event structure and as you can see in the picture I have one event case that ist controlled with multiple events: how can I control the case structure in relation with the event that is being processed at that moment?

Another explanation: when the event source is "1:" the case structure should move into "1:" case, and if the event source is "2:" then it should move to the case "2:"

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,949 Views)

Can you not wire 'NewVal' into the case select terminal?

Also, if you want different things to happen for different events, I would recommend using separate event cases.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,941 Views)

Are "1" and "2" controls? Then you could e.g. take the ctrl-ref from the event-"cluster" and make a property node and pick the name and feed it to your case structure. 

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,938 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

I cant find that property node, can you please advice me which one to use?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,919 Views)

@vladosaurus wrote:

Thanks for your answer.

I cant find that property node, can you please advice me which one to use?

Its Label.Text. Like this:

label text.PNG

Message 6 of 11
(2,906 Views)

You beat me to it McQuillan. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,905 Views)

Right click the Source terminal and create a constant.  This terminal will only output a constant that indicates where the event originated from and does not indicate which control was clicked.  Options are:

1. LabVIEW UI
  2. ActiveX
  3. User Event
  4. Other...
aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,866 Views)

@aputman wrote:

Right click the Source terminal and create a constant. ...Options are:

1. LabVIEW UI
  2. ActiveX
  3. User Event
  4. Other...

I was looking at that the other day and found it odd that "Other..." while listed was not selection that would stick.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,863 Views)

Sure enough.  Turn off Allow Undefined Items on the constant and it goes away.  I'm not even sure what other sources are possible.  

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,858 Views)