LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable built in Win 7 LabVIEW won't run in Win XP

I'm using the "Invoke Node" function and and calling its "GetVersionInfo" property. When I make an executable, it runs fine under Win 7 but has a broken arrow under Win XP, and the error box says:

"The VI is not executable. The full development version of LabVIEW is required to fix the errors."

Now if I had an extra copy of LabVIEW to put on this machine, I'd slap a "full development version of LabVIEW" on that XP box. Let me check my wallet. NOPE, I do not have a spare $2,700! Is there another way to make this VI work?

I've attached the VI and executable.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,576 Views)

Is Win 7 64bit and XP 32bit?

Did you use LV 64bit?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,574 Views)

I've built the executable using 32-bit LabVIEW on a 64-bit Win 7 machine, so it should run under 32-bit XP. But it doesn't.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,569 Views)

I'm not sure about this.

The reason is because the GetVersionInfo has to work differently between 64bit OS than with 32bit OS. I don't know what (if any) dependency is compiled into the EXE for this (running WoW64 vs. generic 32bit)....

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,565 Views)

-deleted-

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,564 Views)