LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export FFT Spectrum graph data to excel file in Labview.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a FFT Sprectrum graph showing Frequency and Amplitude. I want to export the values from this graph to an excel file.

Could someone please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,120 Views)

Right click the graph and go to 'Export -> Export to Excel'.

If you want any more help than that (like how to do it programmatically), you'll need to show us your code.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,115 Views)

When i go to export, "Export to Excel and DiAdem" is blocked. Those options are not selectable. 

Attached is my code. I am using "Wideband Spectrum (Averaged)".

Thanks alot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,107 Views)

When i go to export, "Export to Excel and DiAdem" is blocked. Those options are not selectable. 

Attached is my code. I am using "Wideband Spectrum (Averaged)".

Thanks alot.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,107 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gauraangKhurana

Do you have MS Excel installed on your computer? Or Diadem? These options are disabled if you don't have appropriate software installed.

Thanks,

Arev

CTO | RAFA Solutions

Certified-LabVIEW-Embedded-Systems-Developer_rgb.jpgCertified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,087 Views)

Here is a page that details the different options you have fairly well: http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51339/en/

Not sure why the export to excel option is blocked, which version of LabVIEW do you have? Full? Professional?

The power spectrum VI outputs a cluster with the starting frequency, frequency delta and the amplitudes for the different frequency bins as an array (essentially a LabVIEW waveform) - you can write these values to a file which you can then open with Excel (e.g. TDMS, CSV, Excel using Report Generation Toolkit).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,084 Views)