cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting attribute value from a signal in .dbc file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

I am new to labview and i am working on a task where i am extracting an attribute values called "scaling offset" and "scaling factor" which is present in the .dbc file in a signal. The dbc file is for CAN task. Attached is my code but unfortunately i am not able to extract it with the following code which i believe to have work out. In the code i have just tried to do it for one signal. I have attached the vi of my code and also the pic of the attributes of the signal that i want. so i want that for all the 9 signals that i have shown in the picture.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

sam137
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(669 Views)

Greetings Sam,

This is the generic LabVIEW posting board.  To allow for a focused answer, try the following:

First, I would suggest posting your question to the AUTOMOTIVE AND EMBEDDED NETWORKS option under the Additional NI Products Board to get answers concerning CAN.

Next, I would save your LabVIEW program in an earlier version (2017-2020) to allow more users to open, view, and comment.

Lastly, I would include a small version of the .DBC file with only two or three variables/characteristics to use as a sample test for the vi where you are having an issue.

Ken

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(638 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Fir1999

You use the XNET Property Node to access those properties.

See the shipping example at Help >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output >> CAN >> NI-XNET >> Databases (Editing and Managing) >> Exploring Database with Tree.vi

ZYOng_0-1699278825054.png

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(611 Views)

Thank you for your help. It worked

sam137
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(547 Views)