LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Open/Create/Replace File Error

Solved!
Go to solution

Opening files on other PC's is usually handled by the Windows networking and file handling system.  What real-time operating system are you using?  I would doubt that this OS has the ability to open files on a Windows PC.  User authentification is generally part of the protocol for having access rights to files.  I doubt the RTOS is going to have the same authentification system.

Message 11 of 12
(355 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Uxorious

Hey guys,

So I was never unable to read the file from my RT vi. I can use it if I move the setpoint file directly to the RT file system, but not if the file is on my PC, even using the shared folder method as suggested by dkfire and crossrulz. This is probably for the reason that RavensFan mentioned. I guess the RT OS simply can't access my windows pc's file system directly unless I use some other network sharing labview functions. I ultimately circumvented the issue I was having by creating a VI on my host PC that reads the file and using Open Application Reference and Open VI Reference on the RT VI to call the VI that reads the file. I then used Call By Reference to access the terminals on the connector pane of the VI. Not exactly the fastest or most elegant method of loading my setpoint data, but at least it lets me pre-load my setpoints from file before employing any tasks that I need to be deterministic. Thanks, everyone.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(343 Views)