LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA resource names

I have a 7966 with a 6581 adapter.

When add the resource it lists the I/O pins as DIO0, DIO1, etc.

First questionn: The 6581 docs show the I/O pins as P0.0, P1.0, P2.0, etc. I can't find the docs that map between these two naming conventions. Is it just a straight map DIO0 to P0.0, DIO8 to P1.0, etc.?

Second question: Once a user has changed a name on a resource, how do you find out what it was originally? I then project I'm using, created by someone else, the names on several resources have been changed. But I have no idea which pin theyt are referring to.

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,903 Views)

MacDroid wrote:  Is it just a straight map DIO0 to P0.0, DIO8 to P1.0, etc.?

Yep

@MacDroid wrote:

Second question: Once a user has changed a name on a resource, how do you find out what it was originally? I then project I'm using, created by someone else, the names on several resources have been changed. But I have no idea which pin theyt are referring to.

There should be an indication in MAX or your project for that IO channel what it is actually pointing to.  At least with the modules I have dealt with, the hardware names are in perenthesis inside of the project.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,876 Views)

Thanks on question one.

On question two: I left out the fact that the project was made with a different target. A target I don't have.

I was surprised that there were no parenthesis show the original as well.

In MAX I see my FPGA, but no listing of the pin I/O resources.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,848 Views)