LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA

Hi Guys,

1. Is there any related  information to learn FPGA Target and host.

I did not understand what exactly an FPGA target and FPGA host mean?.

2. The Analog Inputs we are obtaining in FPGA are visible under Chassis(A sub branch in project) only. Can I read these (Analog Inputs in FPGA) values in normal windows mode(outside the Chassis  but inside myRIO)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,209 Views)

In the context of FPGA programming the target is usually any code running on the FPGA and the Host is the computer (sometimes RT but that's basically just a computer anyway)

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/14532/en/

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 6
(3,206 Views)

@triptathakur wrote:

2. The Analog Inputs we are obtaining in FPGA are visible under Chassis(A sub branch in project) only. Can I read these (Analog Inputs in FPGA) values in normal windows mode(outside the Chassis  but inside myRIO)?

If the IO module is not inside of the FPGA section of the project, then the inputs can be read via the Scan Engine.  I do not recommend this since the Scan Engine is really slow (as in maximum of 1ms rate, recommended at more around 10ms).  But you can just drag the IO channels straight onto your RT block diagram to get the measurements.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 6
(3,203 Views)

HI Guys,

Thanks for the information.

But I need to read the instantanaeous values from FPGA (from chassis)and want to compare the se instantaneous values with the theoritical plot of my system.

Is it possible to do so?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,194 Views)

I would just have the FPGA do all of the work.  You can send down your expected results to the FPGA and just let the FPGA read, compare, and pass any needed results to the host.  This way you can compare the data at the rate of your analog input.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,166 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

Thank you so much. 

Are there any open source references for this?

I mean are there any examples and their  explanations for this operation?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,159 Views)