LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Server

Hello to all,
Within my project I need to download some files in different folders from an FTP server to my pc.
I managed, more or less, to download the file but I need to download entire folders.
I am using the FTP Toolkit - EvaluMation.
Do you have any suggestions?

Another question:
I installed and activated the Internet Toolkit but I can not see any tool in the Tools Palette. Why?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,549 Views)

There is no command in the standard FTP RFC that allows for downloading of entire directories.  Instead, you need to perform the ls command on each directory (and sub-directory) you want to download.

This can get unnessesarily involved, since there is an easier method.  Download wget for Windows (assuming you are using Windows), and use the --recursive option to download exactly what you want.  You would then call wget from the LabVIEW System Call vi.

You can find wget at http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/wget.htm

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,529 Views)

Hi all,

did you try to use FTP Get Multiple File.vi? You can specify an array of Files Specifications in order to copy server directory content to your local directory.

Hope this will help you.

Regards.

Cla_CUP

NI ITALY

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,506 Views)

Ok Cla_Cup.
It might be fine. However, although I have installed and activated the Internet Toolkit, I can not see anywhere this VI. So as I can not see the others.
Why?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,496 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using? FTP VIs are included in LabVIEW Base Dev. System you will find them in Data Communication Palette.

See the attached screenshot.

If you are unable to find FTP functions try to search for them in the following path: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\<LabVIEW version>\vi.lib\FTP

In the above directory you'll find FTP llbs within FTP functions that you can drag and drop on your VI block Diagram.

Best Regards.

Cla_CUP

NI ITALY

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,494 Views)