cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatigue Analysis using Strain Gauges for an Aircraft

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all.

I am a new staff in the company. My task is to make a fatigue analysis using 14 strain gauges that are installed on the aircraft. My supervisor asks me to use Columbia Strain Gauge (DTD2684) and NI data logger to store the fatigue reading. After landing, I need to collect the results and interface it using Labview software.

So, I have a problem in the fatigue analysis using Labview because I very fresh about this software even though I have made a review and research almost two weeks. How can I links the Columbia strain gauges and NI data logger?

Thank you for helping.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,788 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ASyakirin

Hi AS,

How can I links the Columbia strain gauges and NI data logger?

Usually you need some (insulated copper) wires and a DAQ device…

As you get paid for this task: why should we do your work? You might pay an advisor to do so…

Don't hesitate to ask your questions here, but then you need to provide more information about your task (like available DAQ device, LabVIEW version) and keep your questions specific)!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,745 Views)

I am using old version of labview which is Labview 2012 (from my company's laptop). My job is to measure the tension or pressure of the aircraft when the plane was flying. There are 14 strain gauges that act as an input mechanism. The input data will be recorded and saved into the data logger. After landing, all the data and readings will be analyzed in the labview software. Since my labview lesson was scheduled end of this month, I'm deciding to make a study about this task earlier.

My company just gives me these links as a reference about the task:

1. http://www.ni.com/white-paper/10991/en/

2. https://www.crlsensors.com/prodDocs/dtd2684-11.pdf

Thank you for the quick response..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,733 Views)

Hi AS,

Since my labview lesson was scheduled end of this month,

Then you might start with all those FREE LabVIEW learning resources offered at the top of the LabVIEW board! (Or here!)

My company just gives me these links as a reference about the task:

As can be seen in the NI AppNote you need some real hardware DAQ device. Which one will you use? (Once you know this: read its manual!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,724 Views)

How can I links the Columbia strain gauges and NI data logger?

Although the configuration of your system is different, I am sure this guide on how to connect strain gauges to a DAQ will be helpful http://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/data-acquisition/strain-gages

Regards,

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,691 Views)

thanks Joebailey

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,675 Views)