LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FieldPoint linear coefficients configuration

Sorry - cross posted on FieldPoint Family.

LabVIEW 2009 SP1 Pro, FieldPoint 6.0.9, MAX 5.0:

FieldPoint: Is there a way to programmatically access (configure and read) the linear coefficients found on the Scales tab for any particular channel (e.g. MAX\My System\Data Neighborhood\FieldPoint Items\<configName>\cFP-AI-100 @1\Channel 0)?

Three special-function VIs exist in the FieldPoint\Advanced\Advanced Ethernet palette.

Configure Range.vi, Configure Atttribute.vi, and Configure deadband.vi use special extensions to the standard URL (Logos:\\FP\1AI\00) of \ConfiguredRange, \Attributes, and \DeadbandConfiguration, respectively, to programmatically configure these items (normally done in MAX or in a LabVIEW Project).

I assume there is a similar one for the scaling coefficients, and as my ESP powers have failed me lately, ... help?

Thanks, Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,241 Views)

The FieldPoint drivers do not have that functionality built in. The Scale settings are entirely controlled from MAX or the Property Windows. You may be able to change these settings by manually changing the .iak files but there are no built in utilities to specifically do this.

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,202 Views)

Thanks for your prompt reply, Alex.

Are you saying that application of linear coefficients is performed only for data displayed on the host computer in MAX but not for FP Reads via LabVIEW? Then why are the same configuration options available in the LabVIEW Project when a Real-Time FieldPoint Target is added?

I would infer from this that once the coefficients are defined and deployed to the target (via its IAK file), use of the FP Read would return data scaled appropriately. I would try this myself to confirm but I have no spare hardware to test this with at the moment (all calibrated and allocated for manufacturing use).

If my inference is correct, then the coefficients would be applied at or below the driver level (i.e. on the module) unless Logos applies it when data is transferred over the link (unlikely).

Hardware: cFP-2220 Real-Time Controller with cFP-AI-100 and cFP-AO-210.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,197 Views)

No, the FPRead reads values already formatted according to the settings in the IAK file for the Project.  

Your inference is largely correct. The Coefficients are applied when the IAK file is applied to the target. It may be possible to pragmatically change the values by modifying the IAK file, before deployment, as you would any other text file but this could be complicated and tedious. We do not recommend this. From what I can infer I do believe that the values are applied at a very low level and the values are not converted when sent over the link.  Have a great day.

Alex D
Systems Engineer
Academic Research
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,186 Views)