LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering Audio Signals based on Amplitude Threshold in LabVIEW

I am working on a project where I acquire audio signals from a microphone in LabVIEW. The signals contain various frequencies and amplitudes. However, I need to filter the signals based on their amplitudes. Specifically, I want to neglect any signals with amplitudes exceeding 1V for example.

I am seeking guidance on how to implement this filtering process efficiently in LabVIEW. I am open to suggestions on using either LabVIEW's built-in functions or custom coding approaches to achieve this task.

Any insights, suggestions, or example implementations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(206 Views)

My first thought from your description is you are trying to increase the "Noise-to-Signal" ratio (whereas most LabVIEW users would rather increase the "Signal-to-Noise" ratio).  You can certainly do this, for example, by computing the spectrum of your signal, finding finding the frequency region with the largest amplitude, and designing a "band-reject" or "ban-stop" filter to remove those frequencies, but are you sure this is what you want?

Bob Schor

P.S. -- can you post a "picture" (I generally dislike pictures in the Forum) of a signal where you want to remove the large-amplitude part?  I must be missing something, but can't figure out what ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(157 Views)