LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware test automation development

I have a board. There are various modules.

the main points are as follows:-

1) s/w should test all the modules.

2) sequence of the modules to be tested should be dynamic.

3) the sequence of input for a particular modules should be dynamic.

4) user interface should show the progress while the testing is in progress. for eg if currently module1 is in execution, as soon as it starts it should be in a position to show the message on user interface that "this is from module1. testing of module1 started." then while it is in progress it should show the next line under the previous line i.e "testing of module1 is in progress." at last when when it is completed then it should show "testing of module1 is completed." on user interface there is only one indicator, inn the same indicator the progress of all the module is to be shown. one module should not erase the progress sentences of previous modules. next sentences should be append to the previous ones.

5) it should generate a formated report which contains input, expected output, actual output, conclusion (pass or fail) and summary of the cases if any one fails. it should also contains the sentences which were shown on the user interfacc to show the progress of testing.

6) user should give only one config file as input to the software, which will contains the name of the modules to be tested. tester can edit the number of modules, sequence of modules.

7) for each module there will be one config file which will contain input and the expected output. tester can change the sequence of input. the path of this file will be fixed. one input will be read from the config file and it will be passed to the board, then the board will give the output. then the corresponding expected output which we read from the config file will be compared to the actual output and store the result (is it pass or fail) then the next input will be given to the board. 

some modules are of same type only the no of input and no of output will vary i.e one module has 5 binary inputs and 4 outputs so the total 32 input combinations and another module has 3 binary inputs and 2 outputs so total 8 input combinations. so is it possible to make a single vi for the same types of modules that will give the desired result. if yes than also suggest the solution.

------> in future the the NI hardware will change, keep this in mind i have to design a mapping vi for mapping of the inputs and outputs between the software and the hardware using a NI hardware. so in future if the hardware will change then there will be no need to update the whole code, updating the mapping vi will be enough. is it possible to make such mapping vi?

if there is anything that i am unable to explain then please ask.

i am beginner, i don't know much about labview.

Please help me....Thanks in advance...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,429 Views)

Hi,

1) First, you have to learn LabVIEW basics...Here are some tutorials :

https://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/labviewbasics

2) Once it will be done, you will particularly need to focus on these concepts :

> Architectures :

- Event structure

- State machine

- Producer/Consumer with events, which implies that you have to learn synchronization techniques like notifiers or queues

> Files

- Read (text) files

- Write (text) files

> Property nodes

So you have some work, and you have to do this work on your own. But don't panic, you will be helped on this forum.

Message 2 of 3
(2,416 Views)

I highly recommend talking with your local NI representative and get them to hook you up with a NI Alliance Partner that could help you in your project.  The forums are good for small issues or gaining understanding on a specific problem.  But helping to design a system, you need somebody there that can ask questions and give real-time advice.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 3
(2,400 Views)