cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flush queue does not work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody,

I tried to make error check after every case done, so when I found one, it should flush the queue of these following cases and simply goes to error handling case... But... It does not work this way. It just simply ignores the flush and then it goes to the previous cases in queue.

I am clipin just screenshot, since there is not much to look for in another cases, so do not kill me for not putting VI :-D.

Thanks a lot for help in advance

Martin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,938 Views)

If you wire the error into the Flush Queue node, it will not be executed.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
Message 2 of 15
(3,920 Views)

well, decision about the case (error/no error) is before the flush. Look at that case bottom right... The problem is as I said. It goes to different cases, which should be flushed!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,915 Views)

@pincpanter wrote:

Help file says that "This node runs normally even if an error occurred before this node runs."

Are you positive that you are getting an error and not a warning? 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,912 Views)

aputman ha scritto:

@pincpanter wrote:

Help file says that "This node runs normally even if an error occurred before this node runs."

Are you positive that you are getting an error and not a warning? 

LV 2011 help does not say that. I verified this with a little example.

Typically only Close nodes run even when 'error in' is true (and Release Queue does).

Paolo
-------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,895 Views)

mzema ha scritto:

well, decision about the case (error/no error) is before the flush. Look at that case bottom right... The problem is as I said. It goes to different cases, which should be flushed!

I'm saying that Flush Queue will not be run unless you unwire the 'error in' input terminal.

Paolo
-------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,888 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mzema

I did a quick test and the flush function does not operate if an error is passed in.  As stated this type of functionality is generally reserved for closing operations, which you want to still release hardware or resources even on close.

Message 7 of 15
(3,882 Views)

Well, yes. I checked it in highlight mode and then you certainly get error cause of overrun of buffer... And technically what is a difference between warning?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,881 Views)

There might be another problem that there is an error in to the function enqueueing the "Error" message so I would suspect that the message is never being enqueued.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,876 Views)

Says it in 2012.  Not sure about later versions.

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,871 Views)