From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Panel is different in exe than in vi

Hi

I noticed that some Front Panel commands are different in the application than in environment. For instance

cluster.png

is a Type Def array of clusters (all are Fuse Design). In the vi I removed the increments for the numeric control, but in the exe they are still there. I am using LV 2023 Q1, the program is a big state machine based on JKI SM that works very well.

It is not important but it bothers me (and sometimes the position of the cluster is also different in EXE than VI).

thanks for any ideeas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(170 Views)

@nitad54449 wrote:

Hi

I noticed that some Front Panel commands are different in the application than in environment. For instance

cluster.png

is a Type Def array of clusters (all are Fuse Design). In the vi I removed the increments for the numeric control, but in the exe they are still there. I am using LV 2023 Q1, the program is a big state machine based on JKI SM that works very well.

It is not important but it bothers me (and sometimes the position of the cluster is also different in EXE than VI).

thanks for any ideeas

Strange, unable to reproduce. Can be weird combination if the strict Typedef, which is disconnected in build, but for me it works in any combination. Can you please create minimal project with just typedef, tiny test VI and build spec, where this issue is reproducible?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(127 Views)

@nitad54449 wrote:

...and sometimes the position of the cluster is also different in EXE than VI).

Can you be slightly more specific. It is different even if the exe is run on the same computer? ( It can happen on a different computer if you use symbolic fonts and the system font and font scaling is different on the two machines.).

Haven't seen the cosmetic issue with the increments. Is the typedef defined as a control or indicator? (defined as indicator, the increments won't show in the type def of course, but will reappear when it is changed to a control)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(107 Views)

Hi

It is a def type as a Control. I am using System Font and the differences appear on the same computer (and on a different one).

I noticed that it is a Def Type cluster that holds another Def Type among other things). I changed the later into a Control and it seems to work... I will make a minimal project and post it here to see if it is reproducible

Thanks

Regards

N

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(96 Views)