LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB INSTRUMENT SHOWING UP IN NI MAX BUT NOT IN LABVIEW 8.5

Hello, 
My GPIB instrument(The YOKOGAWA WT230) is showing up in NI MAX and responding to communicate with instrument. 
But once in LabVIEW 8.5, the YOKOGAWA  under the adresse GPIB0::6::INSTR doesn't show up and the visa ressource can't find it. either the GPIB. here is a screen shot of my test.
The WT230 is connected on a PCI-GPIB card with use the 488.2 of the instrument.

and yes my visa32.dll is installedERR.PNGERR2.PNGERR3.PNGERR4.PNG
Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(143 Views)
Can you show what the devices in NI MAX look like, with an example of the communication you were able to see?
What does the VISA Resource dropdown look like for the first picture you posted (Initialize.vi)?
Can you right click the VISA resource control and see if any "I/O Filtering" is applied?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(120 Views)

Here is my NI MAXIO_filtring.PNGni_max.PNGni_max_2.PNGNI4888_troubleshooting.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(98 Views)

Hmm... that last screen seems to suggest that you need to re-install some software.

I'd go back to the vendor's LabVIEW drivers. What are your choices for "VISA Resource Name"? The GPIB instruments often have a GPIB address in their resource name unless you set some kind of alias in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(73 Views)

I tried to install and re-install the software many times, but I still have the same failure. Something went wrong! I just don't undrestand why it's working in NI MAX but not in LabVIEW or Visual Basic. 
My GPIB address in NI MAX is GPIB0::6::INSTR which I set in Alias for YOKOGAWA as you see in previous screen. But VISA RESSOURCE NAME couldn't see it, i had to type it. Here is a screen from my Visa ressource choices.ni_max_gpib.JPGni_max_gpib_labview.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(54 Views)