LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB to USB Keysight Agilent (2000 3000 X-Series Acquire Waveform Continuously) VI Records Oscilloscope Data at Slow Frequency

Hello,

I am generally new to labview so apologies if I do not use correct terminology. I have an oscilloscope (Keysight InfiniiVision DSOX3034A) model that I wanted to directly read and record the waveform using Labview (GPIB-USB) between every 1-5 seconds so that it automates the process of data collection. I downloaded the Agilent 2000 3000 x instrument driver and used the "Acquire waveform continuously" VI. When I run this VI, the module that acquires the waveform within the loop takes about 15 seconds to go through. We can manually save our own data about every 5 seconds by pressing save on the oscilloscope itself, so 15 seconds it not fast enough for data collection. I tried to drill down lower and lower and finally narrowed it down to the VISA read module that all I can really change is the asynchronous and synchronous options. I tried both of those and it did not seem to change the speed at which the data is read. I also couldn't find an option to adjust frequency of data collection. Is this just the limitation with this VI? Should I make my own VI from scratch? I would appreciate any advice you may have! 

(Less of an issue but if anyone has had this happen before, the VI doesn't work when I have probes plugged in Channel 2 but it works just fine with Channel 1)

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(355 Views)

share the code of what you did so far. Please save it to  version 2020. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(280 Views)