LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Error Handler VI not supported in PDA Module

Hello,

Since 'General Error Handler VI' is not supported in PDA Module, i understand that the 'PDA Error Handler' VI has to be used with LabVIEW PDA.

The 'General Error Handler VI' is used in one of the VIs of a LabVIEW desktop application as shown in the attached sample VI, where 2 inputs (type of dialog & error in) and 2 outputs (message & error out) are used. BUT in the 'PDA Error Handler' VI, only one input (error in) & NO outputs (eg. message) are supported. So can any LabVIEW expert suggest how the PDA error handling feature can be used to achieve the same goal as shown in the attached sample VI? Iam sorry if this is a silly question.

Note: Version of LabVIEW that we are using: LabVIEW 8.5 Professional Development System for Windows Vista/XP/2000 and LabVIEW 8.5 PDA Module for Windows Mobile.

Thanks & Regards,
Subhashini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,708 Views)
Hi Subhashini
i think you have to create this dialog by yourself. I try to give you an example. See the attachment.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,537 Views)

Hello Mike,

Thank u for ur suggestion & the example! I will try this out.

Thanks & Regards,

Subhashini

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,519 Views)

Hello Mike,

With a sample VI, i tried the suggestion given by u on the PDA & it works, thanks. I need to put it in the final app & try....

Do u have the time to look at another of my posts with subject "Tab Control Property Node gives a build error when used in a VI for LabVIEW PDA"? Basically, the colour of tab control pages need to be changed during execution, which is not supported on PDA. Do u again have a solution for this?:) Also, please let me know if iam bothering u too much.

Thanks & Regards,

Subhashini

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,501 Views)