LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Finite Square Wave Pulse for an AO Channel

Hi all, I am trying to generate a finite square wave pulse from an AO channel of my DAQ device... The pulse will trigger external equipment...

The pulse should have an amplitude of 2 volts and a pulse width of 1ms... There need to be controls to set the number of finite pulses and the frequency (pulses/sec) at which the pulses are written..

I have attached a vi I have developed that currently works... However, it seems overly complicated for what I need and the number...

Any suggestions for how it could be simplified?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(86 Views)

Not too bad.  I would straighten out the Error Line linking the DAQmx functions, put the Function Generator on a parallel Error Line (perhaps merging it with the DAQmx Error Line), and try to make the zig-zag lines straight (it is OK to have "top" parameters appear above the VI and have a vertical (straight) wire to their terminal(s)).  You might be able to simplify things a bit -- isn't there a Pulse Generator in the Waveform Palette that can generate the entire Waveform?  [I haven't thought this through, but there should be a method to generate a finite Waveform that you can cobble together ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(67 Views)