Win7

Labview 8.5 or 10 (can choose)

PXI-1033 rack with:

PXI-5421 AWG

PXI-4071 DMM

PXI-6542 Digital IO

PXI-4110 DCPower

PXI-5124 Digitizer

I am working on a summer project to create a functional test system for four different types of PCBs. I will use a test rig as an interface to these PCBs, where each type will be identified by its position. Please see attached UML as to how I want the program to run.

I want a user settings box pop up when the application is started, where the operator must enter his name and choose which type of board. Further, after entering these details, I want the application to start testing according to which type of board is in the system and which type the operator indicates (the user prompt for card details is just a precaution).

I am trying to figure out what sort of architecture I should use for the LV part of it. So far I've managed to run the AWG and digitizer as two seperate VIs, but I've read a little bit about using the Producer/Consumer architecture, and want to know if this is a good idea? And which parts should be where? The AWG will input data to the PCB, which will be recorded by the digitizer and then testet using a mathscript and recorded to file.

So I figure I have to use some sort of event and sequence structure. For example, I want to output two sinusoidal signals with different frequencies after each other and check the voltage amplitude of the scoped output signal and record this.

If someone could point me in a direction of how to start, I would be very happy. After looking through some of the topics here, I have seen that it is often suggested to use the producer/consumer architecture, so before I do a lot of work which I might have to re-do I want to ask for help 🙂 will post my solutions as I go.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,976 Views)

The LabVIEW large applications community should be able to give you all the info you need.  Check it out here.  Let us know if you need more info.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,970 Views)