From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic file I/O error, missing subVIs when creating executable.

Hello all,

I've built a VI using drivers for one instrument and am trying to create an executable.

The executable is built without issue and I am able to access it at the directory specified. The problem I am having is that when I try to open this executable, it starts displaying pop-ups that read "LabVIEW: Generic file I/O error. The file '___________' could not be loaded for various files all of which are elements of the instrument driver (Initialize, Close, Read, etc.). Once I click OK (my only option) to all of these, the executable opens with a broken run arrow and a popup that reads these sub-VIs are missing.

The odd thing is that when I open the project explorer from which I am building the executable, all of these sub-VIs can be found under Dependancies--->instr.lib so I do not know why this is not being included in the build.I initially thought the problem was that I am working on a remote desktop connection but the files all seem to be in the right location.

Does any one have any suggestions? My LabVIEW learning book does not cover executables and I have not been able to find a solution in an online search.

Thanks in advance,

Yusif Nurizade

P.S. This is my first time with executables so please let me know if you need any additional information that I neglected to provide.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,307 Views)

There's a similar discussion going on here.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,302 Views)