From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get value controls of subvi in my main vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone.

I need to get the value of a control from the sub vi and display that value on the main vi.
Can't post the project I made an example exactly as I did fans the project but I have this error in attachments and my application crashes.
Do you know why I have this error please?
Thank your  very much for your help.
Best regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(504 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ngouda

Worked perfectly for me.  I did take the "extra step" of following your directions and creating my own Digital Reference to "Running Result of Subvi", then had to wait 100 seconds to ensure that it ran correctly (it counted from 1 to 1000 just fine).  So I tried it again, with the Reference that came with the example you sent (your original Reference).  It's at 600 now, and probably by the time I finish typing this sentence, it will be at 1000 and will also be fine (nope, only at 900) ... there, it finished.

So on my PC, running it with LabVIEW 2021, it works without problems.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(494 Views)

Hi Bob_Schor,

Thanks for your answer:)
Yes it works now for me, I had made a mistake on a save button which crashed my application.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(455 Views)