LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graph Autoscale Y Event

Hello,

I am having a graph with multiple y scales. The user may change the setting 'autoscale' with the right-click context menu.

Neigther 'Scale Range Change' nor 'Autoscale Range Change' nor 'Plot Attribute Change' seems to catch this event.

Is there a way to fetch this change of settings within my event case structure?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,598 Views)

hi holger,

what do you want to do if you "catch the event"?

might it be feasible, that you let the user change the scale via an external method (like having a button that needs to be pressed, catch this and set the scale explicitly via property node)?

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,594 Views)

I want to synchronise all y scales to the same setting.

Right now I already have another control. Anytime this changes, all scales are set to 'autoscale' or 'manual scale'.

It might fit, if I can deactivate the 'Autoscale Y' setting from the context menu. I so, the user is forced to use the other control. If not, it might lead to confusion.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,591 Views)

it should be possible to set it with property node "Y Scale.Editable"

If Tetris has taught me anything, it's errors pile up and accomplishments disappear.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,585 Views)

Hi Holger,

It might fit, if I can deactivate the 'Autoscale Y' setting from the context menu.

Even better you could create your own context menu for the graph and handle all menu events on your own!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,574 Views)