LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HAVE INDICATOR TURN GREEN WHEN SIGNAL IS SENT

I'm writing a simple vi to send a analog signal to a group of solenoid valves.  I would like to have an led indicator showing which valves and actuated as green and closed as red.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,601 Views)
The VI you posted does not do any analog output. It has a loop that does a continuous analog read and you do a single digital write until the stop button is pressed. At that point, you do another single digital write. Is there supposed to be additional code inside the while loop?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,590 Views)
Sorry, I meant the Digital Output
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,584 Views)
Just wire up an array of Boolean indicators to your constant. Use the color tool (View>Tools Palette) to color the false case red. The default for the true case is green. You could use a local variable of the indicator inside the stop event.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,578 Views)

Dennis,

Thanks for the reply, could you explain this a little more.  Where would I place the array? How does the array know which line is being sent a signal? Which constant would I wire the array to?

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,562 Views)

The array doesn't know which line is which. All it would know is the value that you pass to the DAQmx Write. You would have to use some front panel labels to indicate which bit is what. You know that by how you've defined the DAQmx channel list - correct?

The constants are the Boolean array constants that you have wired to the DAQmx Write.

This is pretty basic stuff. You might want to look at the basic LabVIEW on-line tutorials at http://www.ni.com/academic/lv_training/how_learn_lv.htm.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,555 Views)