cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HMI and ARM MicroProcessor

hi every body

in the past i used to do projects with PLC and touch panels for some devices

recently i decided to use ARM

but im not sure it could be done to connect an ARM to a HMI and use the touch panel as input
i found some toolkits here in labview for both of them

touch panel and ARM

i wanted to know if there is any solution that i can program ARM an the HMI with labview and they work properly when there is no pc connected to them?

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,084 Views)

actually i used hmi which was connected to the plc with serial port

if it could be done by serial port would be the best

and i need to know,can i use the same touch panel usig the serial port with arm or not

thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,075 Views)

guys i need help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,059 Views)

Your whole posts so far are very unclear and point out IMO that you are somewhat confused.

The ARM Toolkt for LabVIEW allows to port LabVIEW VIs to run on the ARM target. However don't jump a hole into the ceiling, this certainly isn't a catch all solution. First the Toolkit needs to have support for your specific ARM target. It comes with support for several popular development targets from Keil and others, but can't and won't work out of the box with any arbitrary target. If you have your own target you will without doubt need to write the support for it, and that is a major work to do. I know a few who attempted it, but none who really did it. The TouchPanel Toolkit only works with supported hardware which your ARM target most likely won't be.

Second, if you decide to go with your own programming environment and toolchain for your hardware it will ONLY depend on you implementing a working serial port on it and a featurerich command line interpreter to allow your ARM target to be connected to LabVIEW just as your PLC before. Again, it sounds simple but the devil is in the details and to get a reliable working serial port command line interpreter written in C or whatever you decide to go with for your ARM development is not exactly child work. It will for 98% define if your project will work or not. The LabVIEW part to drive the serial port is totally trivial in comparison.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 6
(3,044 Views)

thanks rolf

i will choose my target arm as the toolkit supports,i have no limitation to choose the type of the arm

and im not very good at labview

and seems its a little tough starting for labview

in the past when i used the plc . the opc server could give me the registers in the plc to use in the labview

but its blur for me how to deal with arm

and about arm

its my first project im gonna use it

the simplified project im gonna do is like the picture

but the main thing is connection between HMI and the arm

im a little bit confused to deal with this project

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,035 Views)

Whatever you call simplified Smiley Wink

IMO it's a though project to choose to start to learn LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 6 of 6
(3,018 Views)