LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heater control

I have created a thermocouple VI to make sure when the temperature goes above a certain temperature the program stops but I was thinking I was controlling the heater. But what I have just stops the temperature log. Can someone help me get started with heater control here is what I have for the thermocouple.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,289 Views)

Hello Gotti_uncc,

How is the heater turned off/on or otherwise controlled?  The code you provided is a simple acquisition and logging VI, there doesn't appear to be any output whatsoever. 

Regards

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,283 Views)

it will have to be controlled by some heater control VI as well. Will I need some type of sensor on the heater to do this as well?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,276 Views)

How are you expecting LabVIEW to control your heater?  You don't seem to know how to connect a heater to your PC.

You don't need a "sensor on the heater".  You need some method to control your heater by way of a PC, and exactly how depends on the capability of your equipment.  If it is some sort of digitally controlled power supply, it could be as easy as sending messages from the PC to the device.

If it is just an ordinary heating device that just needs on/off control (like a switch), then you are going to need some sort of data acquisition card that has a digital output than can control a relay that turns on and off the power to the heater.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,259 Views)